Taking steps to care properly for your ActivPanel will provide you with a reliable education tool for years to come. Here is some guidance on how to clean your ActivPanel without causing it any damage.
1. Switch off the ActivPanel and disconnect the power cable.
2. Shut down the attached computer and disconnect its power cable.
3. Wipe the surface gently with a slightly damp 100% cotton or micro-fibre cloth.
4. If the remote control or screen is dirty to the point where you cannot simply dry wipe it, please lightly dampen the cleaning fabric with clean water and wipe it.
5. Finally, wipe the ActivPanel dry with a dry micro-fibre cloth or 100% cotton cloth.
Most importantly, under no circumstances should you…
1. Use any liquid or spray cleaner when wiping the device.
2. Use volatile solvents (such as alcohol, rosin, and toluene) to clean the ActivPanel.
3. These types of chemicals might damage the housing.
4. Use abrasive cleaners.
5. Do not apply pressure to the screen.
For additional support should you need it…
YouTube for instructional videos
Our Promethean Support Site houses articles, documents and downloads, you’ll also find contact details if you need to speak with someone directly from our dedicated Technical Support Team